Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two losses, four sicknesses, and (possibly) three new additions..

Wow...the last 14 our so days have been a whirlwind. My husband's step mother passed away very tragically. He flew down on Valentine's Day to be with his dad, who is not only doing poorly from the loss of his wife, but having relapses with certain unmentionable addictions. You can imagine the sorrow and stress my husband and father-in-law were (and still are) going through.

While my husband was away I experienced another miscarriage. This will have been my second one in the last 18 months. Its hard enough to go through that on your own, but especially challenging when your love is away. The night I lost the baby, both of the girls were up with 102 degree fevers and vomiting. Wow...what a night. The next day all four of us had ear aches, fevers, and were just miserable.

Somehow by the grace of God, I kept my cool. I never was very upset or woe is me. God is absolutely amazing to have held me in His arms during this especially challenging time in our family. He has kept me looking forward and kept me out of despair.

So on with the good news....

My husband and I have always talked about adoption. It has been on my heart since I was a little girl. Even though I have always thought we eventually would, it has never been a serious thought...until now! Somewhere in the midst of all the loss and heartache, God put an urgency on my heart and my husband's to adopt now! We are not ready! But God says we are and we are thrilled. We are in the process of getting everything done to adopt here in the US from foster care. There are so many things I could be worried about, but I have none! NO worries..no inhibitions...I just feel like its time and God is going to take care of it. And another thing...I believe we have already found our future child(ren). YES! CHILDREN!! Three little boys...5,4, and 1...a sibling group, that I have fell in love with! My husband thought I was crazy! Then when he returned from his visit with his dad, and saw their pictures... he fell in love too! That would very quickly make our family of 5, a family of 8!!

All the hard times we have endured in the last month, are still heartbreaking, but God has given us a new and fresh vision and that has given us joy and hope.

I look forward to sharing more (great) information when we learn more about our new endeavor into adoption!

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh Abby, I'm so sorry to hear about the baby! My prayers are with you during this time of loss. I'll also be praying that adoption can be the key to completing your family!!
HUGS